NOD32 not recognised & NPF protection

Piecan 16:10 02 Jan 04

I have Nod32 on trial and seems to be very good but have just done a security scan at Symantec to check my firewall is working and it says "no known virus protection software found"!

The other problem is when I connect to the internet via dial-up Norton Firewall says "protecting connection ...on adaptor "WAN interface". My isp details say the server is PPP, which is what it says when I connect on my old computer with NPF.

Also (sorry about this) the security scan says that "1025 unused windows services block open". I then enabled windows xp firewall (with the NPF on too) and scanned again then said it was blocked (still couldn't see the antivirus though). Shouldn't the Norton one have blocked this port too?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Piecan 18:19 02 Jan 04

bump..

found that Gaz had the same problem re port 1025.
Anyone know if my firewall saying it's protecting WAN matters when I'm on dial-up? And has anyone done a security scan at Symantec and have invisible antivirus?!

Piecan 17:30 03 Jan 04

Still worrying why Norton Firewall is saying "protecting WAN interface" on my windows XP machine when my 98se says "protecting PPP adaptor". Can anyone tell me what it means?

And is NOD32 antivirus as good as Norton even though it is not being recognised in the Norton security scan?

DieSse 17:46 03 Jan 04

NOD is at least as good, and probably better than Norton.

Does it surprise you that Norton doesn't recognise NOD - clearly Norton is incorrect.

WAN = Wide Area Network - ie any telephone network connection.

Piecan 19:32 04 Jan 04

Thanks for reassuring me. Don't need to panic and remove NOD after all!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…