NOD32 AV

bretsky 16:08 29 Aug 05

Hi folks, I have been using the trial version 2.50.19, and I am very pleased with the program, it has 8 days to run and I am going to purchase a licence.

Anybody who has this AV, did you experience any difficulties when installing the paid for version, I understand that I must uninstall the trial version BEFORE I install the paid for version, this I will do and then will clean the registry too, to get rid of any remaining orphan files.

Is there anything I should be aware of prior to the installation, I have downloaded the installation pdf and have printed it off and seems Ok to me. Please do not give me links to other free or otherwise AV software, as I have looked at all the regulars, Avast, AVG etc etc.

Win XP 2002 home ed sp1

Any comments and tips welcome, many thanx.

bretsky ;0)

Class57 16:17 29 Aug 05

NO problems - took about 5 minutes - SETUP quite easy.

bretsky 16:29 29 Aug 05

Thanx for the reply, music to my ears, I have been put off by trial programs since Scansoft pdf converter/creater2 pro I loaded from a disk (trial version) purchased to proper version and even to this day it still thinks I have the trial version........to longer story to go into with the correspondence I had with scansoft tech support!! Even this magazine had problems with trying to activate the software.

bretsky ;0)

DieSse 19:41 29 Aug 05

I've used NOD for several years - all fine. Have installed afresh after some "system redos" - and in clients after free trials expired. Never, ever had a single problem!

I have always, and still do, perceive it as the very model of a top class AV in all aspects.

bretsky 10:06 30 Aug 05

Thanx, nice to see a great response from a regular, I have to say,I didn't encounter any problems with installing the trial version and set up was painless, I just hope when I install the paid for version, it will be the same deal.

bretsky ;0)

bretsky 22:34 02 Sep 05

Thanx for your comments and encouragement, paid for, installed(without any problems) and running......Wonderful!! I have already contacted support by telephone in the UK and got through first time!

bretsky ;0)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…