Nod 32 advice

christmascracker 19:49 03 May 04

I've recently downloaded the trial of Nod 32 and think it's very good.

Before I decide to buy it however, I've noticed that shutting down the PC takes a lot longer than before it was installed.

Anyone got any ideas? I've tried different settings but nothing makes any difference

GaT7 22:17 03 May 04

Some suggestions to get you started:

Go to click here & fill/submit a Tech support request form.

click here to read some FAQs that may be useful, like, configuring your system after setup, etc.

This may come in useful too - click here - click on 'SHUTDOWN IS SLOW' in the left pane.

Good luck, G

hector 911 23:34 03 May 04

it may be something to do with scan boot sector on shutdown, go to AMON select setup, untick this option and give it a try.........

christmascracker 08:12 04 May 04

Thanks guys.

Crossbow7, I went through those sugestions but they either dont apply or didn't work.

hector 911, tried that too, no change. I've tried various settings but it doesn't make any difference.

I've shut the programme down before shutting down and it's still the same. If I uninstall it everything goes back to normal. Strange.

I would really like to get this sorted as it's a great little AV.

GaT7 13:12 04 May 04

Surely you could ask Nod32 for help - see my first link. Even if you use the Trial you could still get help, by entering "TRIAL" in the username field. I quote from the above link - "...if you use the trial version, please enter "TRIAL"..."

christmascracker 15:41 04 May 04

Thanks Crossbow7 will see what they can do

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…