NoAdware- comments pse

badgermansix 18:36 01 Oct 04

Is there a link between NoAdware and Ad-aware, is it the same thing? better/worse.
Thanks

sidecar sid 18:44 01 Oct 04

click here

Scroll down to NoAdware

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:44 01 Oct 04

NoAdware purports to be a ad and spyware removal tool however have read alot of reports staing it adds its own spyware.

Free Anti Spyware :-
Adaware click here
Spybot S&D click here
Spywareblaster click here

badgermansix 07:12 02 Oct 04

sidecar sid, thanks for that site, its very handy.
Fruit Bat /\0/\, thanks for the info.

I will now remedy the situation.

stlucia 15:29 15 Apr 05

Just ran NoAdware (nstalled it by mistake, so though I'd run it!!) and got a report of MSBlast b and W32 Blaster.C.Worm in HKEY_LOCAL-MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\current version\ ...

I didn't use NoAdware to remove them because they want money to do this. But I then ran Ad-Aware (what I originally intended to install), Stinger, and Spybot (all current) and they didn't report anything. Should I be concerned and, if so, how do I remove them for free? I have AVG 7 running permanently, and it hasn't reported anything either.

Before posting I checked the archives and found a thread about NoAdware reporting false infections, but one of the links in the post tells me that "NoAdware has taken aggressive steps to reign in its affiliates (who were primarily responsible for the unsavory advertising) and released a new version of NoAdware (version 3.0) that addresses our concerns with false positves." Does my experience indicate that version 3.0 might still be reporting false positives?

Stuartli 15:52 15 Apr 05

If you download AdAware from the MajorGeeks website (and probably the case with others) the download links for AdAware and that of NoAdware can prove confusing.

I leave it to you to guess why.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…