No XP disc

misters 21:23 21 Jan 04

Hi just wondering my friend when they purchased a new pc it did not come with any disc including xp is this right cause what happens if there is a fualt xp came preinstalled, my concern is if something doesn't work right how would they fix it.

It could be installed on a partition on the hard disk would most likely be called restore or backup. get them to check for partitions on the hard disk

whatsupdoc 21:28 21 Jan 04

they should have a restore disc . if not, speak to the manufacturer. other answer is to buy an xp disc

mammak 21:39 21 Jan 04

misters' as [email protected] said it should will be installed in a partition on their hard drive(either press reset button or go backup' but you can download 6 floppies for backup as extra' keeping in mind xp have prob with formatted disc's will only go with unformatted like's do it all doe's xp. regard's Mammak.

misters 21:44 21 Jan 04

Not sure of your last comment mammak i have downloaded the six floppies for them are they ok to use without a xp disc?

Big Elf 21:44 21 Jan 04

If they have the End User Licence Agreement and valid serial no. then I see no problem in borrowing a full XP install CD in the case of emergencies.

No doubt others will point out if I'm wrong.

misters 21:51 21 Jan 04

where would they find the serial number and end user agreement if they dont have a disc?

whatsupdoc 21:53 21 Jan 04

my serial number for xp disc is on the back of my computer

Most New PC's have the serial No: on a sticker somewhere on the case of the PC.

jonnytub 22:01 21 Jan 04

Did your mate purchase the pc from time by any chance (notorious for not supplying any kind of backup solution be it cd or otherwise.)

Big Elf 22:01 21 Jan 04

The EULA should have been supplied with the PC, I think, but I must admit I'm not 100% sure.

Can anyone with a recovery CD rather than a full install CD clarify?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…