no windows folder

jimmyxx 17:34 30 Apr 04

can anyone help i can't see windows folder
in explorer my computer is running ok but i would
like it back
i am running xp home.
thanks for any help.

TommyRed 19:25 30 Apr 04

If I understand you, what you need to do in Windows Explorer is click + next to My Computer same next to Local Disk(C) and the Windows folder should be there down at the bottom. HTH TR

TommyRed 20:50 30 Apr 04

^

woodchip 20:54 30 Apr 04

right click start\Explor or Win key+E

jimmyxx 16:08 02 May 04

help

woodchip 18:59 02 May 04

Load the OS over its self. or run from the run box SFC with the Win98se disc in or if XP with Full XP disc from Run SFC/SCANNOW

Como2 19:16 02 May 04

If Comp is running ok then isn't the folder hidden?

woodchip 19:23 02 May 04

He cannot find out as it's in Explorer Options he would look for hidden files.

TommyRed 19:57 02 May 04

^

QuickHare 20:17 02 May 04

The only reason you'd need to go in to the Windows folder is to mess around with the files inside, and that is a bad idea for those who don't know what they are doing. This is the typical user, so Microsoft decided to hide it from view. As Windows still loads and runs ok, it is a very definite assumption that it is still there.

Either the folder is hidden, which means you must show it, or is not on the C drive.

If hidden, open My Computer (through the desktop or Start Menu), and go to the menu Tools, Folder Options. Click the tab View, scroll down and click the option "Show hidden files and folders" and click OK. The folder should reveal itself when you go into the C drive.

If you still can't see it, you might find it's not on the C drive. Mine's not. I put it on a different drive as I've upgraded and needed it on a certain drive, and it fools some viruses and hackers, thinking it's all on the C drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…