//some 3rd party need geo

No Win Xp Sounds

Tony 06:45 25 Jul 03

I installed xp pro on my new sata drive (which is lightning fast by the way)and all is well except no windows sounds.

The cd, dvd and hd music plays fine with media player 9 and others. Sound is set to windows default and all drivers appear o.k.

system: kt4 ultra fisr mobo, onboard 4.1 sound 2800+, 512mb ddr, 120gb sata

Many thanks for any suggestions

matt5705 06:58 25 Jul 03

on the start up bar in right hand corner double click on the speaker and go to options click advanced and make sure no volumes are muted or on a low volume (if the speaker is not there click on the little arrow to reveal some more ites and should be their)

wilber_uk 07:45 25 Jul 03

i installed xp pro recently on a friends pc. play cd ok, butno system sounds or thtu media player, turned out to be a fussy mother baord driver problem..uninstall windows sound drivers and install drivers off mother board driver cd

Tony 10:42 25 Jul 03

I forgot to mention that I checked the advanced volume options and have reinstalled the drivers.

But I do appreciate the suggestions.

Do you have any other ideas?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…