no where to come off line other than logging off

trowel 11:46 20 Jan 04

my internet dial up connection went missing so i re installed it, now there is no way to dissconect from the net ! there is internet explorer so i can get on the net but when i come off i can't turn of the connection . When i installed blue younder the two little screens icon in the task bar disappeared, so to dissconect i went to start-internet conections- opened that then right clicked on my blueyonder box and it gave me the option of disconnecting how can i get the little screens icon back at the bottom of the task bar to enable me to switch off the internet connection or even get back the internet conection bar from the start button? any help greatly appreciated

smegs 11:53 20 Jan 04

trowel, if it's the same as my Speedtouch, goto Network Connections, Highlight Ur Modem BLUE, Right Click the mouse button, U should get another screen come up, on the GENERAL TAB at the bottom there should be a little box saying "Show Icon in notifition when connected". Make sure U have a TICK in the box. Good Luck.

trowel 12:15 20 Jan 04

thanks but i already tried that - there is nothing in network conections window- strange but true?

anyone else know anything about this?
Thanks

woodchip 12:23 20 Jan 04

Do it with the IE/tools/Options/Connection/Settings/Disconnect when no longer needed

trowel 15:54 20 Jan 04

There is no option for disconnect when no longer needed, something has stolen all my options to disconnect from the net ARGHHHH!

Seriosly though if anyone has another idea I would love to hear it, thanks

BurrWalnut 16:04 20 Jan 04

Using regedit, look for registry key HKEY_CURR_USER\SOFTWARE\POLICIES\MICROSOFT\IE\RESTRICTIONS and see if you have a subkey NO_BROWSER_OPTIONS. If you have and it's set to 1 set it to zero.

trowel 19:59 20 Jan 04

i tried to find the reg key you suggested got as far as microsoft then it said system certificates next not restrictions what does this mean ! any ideas anyone

trowel 20:40 20 Jan 04

in the end i did a system restore and fixed problem thank heavens for sys retore hurrah!

woodchip 21:56 20 Jan 04

Go to Add Remove and see if blue younder is in the list if it is Remove it you will then be able to connect but it will restore the IE settings. All should work as before but you will have removed the blue younder software and alterations that it made, it should not affect your account and Dial-Up settings with blue younder. It will just remove there software

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…