No video in Windows Media Player

mackaycc 16:01 29 Oct 03

When trying to view avi files using Windows Media Player, the sound is present but no video appears. I have tried downloading the codec but Media Player repots an error back. I have tried manually installing the codec but no joy there. I also downloaded the DivX player but again, I get sound but no Video. Does anyone know of a solution for this?

johnbhoy 16:06 29 Oct 03

Mackaycc - What version of Media player are you suing, I am using Version 9 with the Microsoft Codec download and get no problems with AVI files. I also have Divx and have not found a AVI file it would not play.

How big is the clip, if it is not that big and you have broadband, I am more than happy to receive by Email and see if I can get it work. That is of course if the clip is not a private home video clip.

Let me know.

Cheers

JohnBhoy

mackaycc 16:13 29 Oct 03

Windows XP, Media Player 9, All available updates. No files seem to work on it. Used to run fine but a couple of days being used by my brother and problems starting to appear now!

Stuartli 17:44 29 Oct 03

Have you checked that the video codecs are installed (and) enabled?

keenan 18:31 29 Oct 03

Why not try a 'system restore' if its only happened in the past couple of days.

mackaycc 21:05 03 Nov 03

A system restore didn't solve the problem and I've installed the latest codec pack from the Microsoft web site. Still not working though.

Stuartli 08:51 04 Nov 03

Have you looked in Tools>Options>File Types and checked that all the codecs are enabled?

They need an Apply and OK to be enabled.

MichelleC 09:01 04 Nov 03

Try clicking Options on the Tools menu.
On the Performance tab, click Advanced.
Clear the Use video mixing renderer check boxes in the Video Acceleration and DVD Video sections.
Click OK, and then click OK.

BTW which graphics card?

mackaycc 15:53 04 Nov 03

I have tried both the above suggestions now but neither worked. Any other ideas?

MichelleC 16:02 04 Nov 03

Can you view them on Realplayer or any others?

BTW what's your graphics card?

mackaycc 16:12 04 Nov 03

Graphics card is a GeForce FX 5600. Have tried to view in a few different media players but none seem to work. Every time I try to play a video in avi format Media player tries to download the codec but fails.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…