No Video or Audio when capturing

NirvanaGuy 14:56 12 Feb 05

I have recently built myself a new rig. (A nice little Shuttle XPC I may add) I bought a ATi AIW card for the fact that it has a TV Tuner and the ability to capture video et al.

After installing all the correct drivers software etc, I am completely unable to capture anything.
In the beginning I was able to capture video, but without any audio, now I don't get anything.

I'm using the extrernal breakout box (Composite) connection, wilth all the correct connectors connected correctly! :P

I've reinstalled the drivers many a time but to no avail. Any help, as always, will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

MichelleC 15:09 12 Feb 05

I'm not too up on analogue but have you turned off all non-vital b/g progs (av, firewall, system restore etc). Also try capturing to 2nd partition, make your paging file 3 times ram total (ie if ram is 512 - paging = 1500). Also make sure your drives have DMA enabled.

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 15:11 12 Feb 05

have you settings changed on the card under capter on the audio aspectwhere was the audio in on pc line is better than the record port was the software for the card set to the correct input port the audio was plugged in to and so on

fuzzyone 15:11 12 Feb 05

NirvanaGuy,

not so sure about the analogue video, but i'm sure the audio should be captured, using the sound/in connection on your sound card.

NirvanaGuy 15:23 12 Feb 05

I don't understand how to connect the audio, I have an S-Video cable which has an audio jack, but I'm not using the S-Video connector.

Any weird thing is that my HDD is being read as a SCSI drive and not the correct IDE, this is unabling me to enable the DMA mode. It's the same for my CD Burner. Which is weird!

MichelleC 09:09 13 Feb 05

See if DMA has been disabled in bios.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…