No Video Input

mctrout 11:29 30 Oct 08

When I start the PC everything seems to satrt up as usual except I get a message on the monitor screen saying No Video Input. I have checked all the cables inside the PC & taken out & reseated the Graphic card. There were to cards in the PCI slots, how can I find out which is the Graphic card & how can I test it to see if is working. I was told it might have been the PSU so I put a new one in, but it displayed the same message.
Thanks Mac

ambra4 11:35 30 Oct 08

"There were to cards in the PCI slots, how can I find out which is the Graphic card & how can I test it to see if is working."

Are you saying that you have two(2)PCI-e display card installed?

mctrout 12:15 30 Oct 08

I meant to say there are two cards in the PCI slots, the slots are white. I dont know how to find out which is the graphic card, as they are different shapes. One is rectangular & the other is L shaped. I dont know much about PC's, but if I could find out where the problam card is I can fit the card myself, as money is a bit tight these day & it costs about £ 60 for a repairman to have a look plus parts.
Thanks Mac

ambra4 14:04 30 Oct 08

Where is the monitor cable connected to on the computer is it on the

motherboard or a separate card and the type of connector vga or dvi

PCI-e display card socket

click here

AGP display card socket

click here

A VGA display card connector

click here

DVI display card connector

click here

Reseat the memory chips if more than one tries them one at a time

mctrout 14:40 30 Oct 08

Thanks for the help, it is a vga connection. I am reseating the cards now.
Thanks Mac

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…