No video

NJ 18:41 PM 17 Jul 11

On boot up I am getting no video from my HP S5128 pc, in fact my HP monitor just flashes up that its going to sleep. I have tried the monitor with another computer and it works fine, I also tried another monitor with this pc and it just stated no video. It had a Nvidia geforce G210 graphic card, I have put a brand new Radeon Saphire HD 4350 and Iam still getting the same, Please anyone got any ideas.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:41 PM 17 Jul 11

Keep tapping F8 as it boots and see if it loads to an error message or menu

NJ 22:53 PM 17 Jul 11

Hi Fruit Bat thanks for the advice I tried it but its a no go the pc just puts the monitor to sleep.

c4rm0 10:04 AM 18 Jul 11

Any Beeps when turning it on ? Have you tried resetting the CMOS ? Have you attached the 6 pin PCI-E to the GFX card ?

Sounds like a faulty PCI-E slot on Motherboard or potentially a PSU issue

NJ 10:58 AM 18 Jul 11

c4rmo thanks for the reply, but no theres no beeps,and the card has no 6 pin pci-e connection apparantly this type of cards i.e. radeon hd 4350 and the g force g210 do not need them. The pc was working fine then when i switched it back on all this started. How do you reset the cmos. thanks for the help.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:17 AM 18 Jul 11

Reset CMOS by either Using clear CMOS jumper pins on motherboard or by removing CMOS battery for 10 minutes. 07:48 AM 19 Jul 11

Try reseat CPU and VGA card. Using 1 working RAM. Or should be the mobo/CPU problem.

Hope this helps! Bill Tech Manager

NJ 23:23 PM 27 Jul 11

Thanks for the advice I have tried reseting the cmos, installed a new power unit nothing is working so i think it must be the mobo.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Cyber Monday tech deals, sales, discounts & offers

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Harry Potter's graphic designers showcase magical props & posters in new exhibition

Apple rumours & predictions 2016: What to expect from Apple in 2016