No VDU display

Sylv 15:00 08 Jan 04

PC is switched on, then monitor switched on. Monitor "clicks on" then light at front flashes but there is nothing on screen. What causes this - it must be something to do with the PC because this happens with different monitors.
Any ideas anyone?

Diodorus Siculus 15:13 08 Jan 04

Graphics card is possibly dislodged. Check it is seated ok.

Sylv 15:18 08 Jan 04

It is an on-board graphics card.

Diemmess 15:32 08 Jan 04

Do disconnect both ends of the video data cable and then reconnect to be sure. (With the computer switched off!)

I had a faulty video cable long ago, but more recently, my daughter didn't notice when dusting that she had pulled out the USB lead from her printer!

If you have the opportunity of borrowing "other monitors," perhaps someone has a spare video card to lend you. No need to worry about drivers for it as long as you get something back on your monitor, you will have proved a point.

Rennaissance 15:32 08 Jan 04

your mains? the plug i had was faulty and would sometimes not have power to some parts of my components and then suddenly have power. Its weird. so i swapped it and i dont think it will happen again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…