NO UPDATES WERE INSTALLED?

ladybelfast 22:34 24 Aug 03

im using windows 98 second edition, when i click on windows update, and then review and install updates..after my comp has been scanned to see what is needed..i try to install an exclusive item.i click install now..then its says..NO UPDATES WHERE INSTALLED.....Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1....maybe im not doing it right..help please

Dr. Charles 22:46 24 Aug 03

I have done exactly the same thing this evening. I think you wll find that MS have stopped supporting windows 98SE.

You should be able to download Internet Explorer 6 and service Pack 1.

When it says where do you want to download it to? a box appears, and you select to disc. You then select the folder that you wanted to go to, and save it on your computer.

Open your computer in Windows Explorer, locate where you have put the file, and double-click on it and it will install itself. I am almost sure that you have got to reboot to make this effective.
Best wishes,
Charles

Ironman556 22:51 24 Aug 03

I think the IE6 SP1 download is just to start the download of the files you need. Follow the advice above, when the installation starts it'll probably ask you if you want standard or custom setup. Choose which you want, usually standard is fine unless you want extra languages etc. installing. After that it should start more downloads to update IE6 with the files it needs. If your files are already up to date then it could be the reason for the error message.

ladybelfast 23:05 24 Aug 03

ive been reading through what problems others r having..a lot i see r having probs im having ...i work on that now..if no luck ill come back ..hope i dont have to though lol..ty DR CHARLES and IRONMAN566

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…