No toolbar/menubar in Windows Explorer (XP)

Jeremy-285331 13:53 19 Feb 04

Recently the toolbar has disappeared from Windows Explorer, so all I see is a list of folders on the one side and the folders/files on the other. I cannot see File, Edit, View etc on the menu bar.
Any ideas?

Diodorus Siculus 16:50 19 Feb 04

Right click on a blank space on the toolbar which is there and ensure that "standard buttons" has a tick beside it.

Jeremy-285331 09:49 20 Feb 04

Apologies for not replying before Diodorus. There is no toolbar area to click on. That is the problem!

Diodorus Siculus 17:33 20 Feb 04

OK - I thought that just one was missing. I'm a bit stumpted about it all then. Sorry.

AubreyS 17:35 20 Feb 04

Try pressing F11 when you have windows Explorer open.

Proxy Worm 17:38 20 Feb 04

Have you tried spyware scanning? If not get Spybot click here Update and Check for problems. When the toolbar went, did you download anything before that day?

Jeremy-285331 10:37 21 Feb 04

Thanks for the help both of you. F11 did the trick although Explorer has a look I've never seen before! It works though. It could have been caused by spyware, and I'm now using Spybot which has removed a mountain of stuff. Thanks again.

Proxy Worm 11:13 21 Feb 04

Using spybot is good but for additional protection get Ad-aware click here and Spyware Blaster from click here , update and scan.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…