no thumbnails or filmstrip view - ??? any help app

the tog 11:01 16 Aug 08

Hi Again, my laptop had a problem (probably due to a virus) I cannot view pictures in thumbnail view or filmstrip view AND Windows Fax & Photo Viewer doesn't load.

Running XP home with SP3. The usual right click options do not work. Also at the same time, "Crl+Alt+Del" was disabled, but not by me. This is now fixed. Any advice as to what files may have beed affected so i can fix this problem?
Many thanks in advance

Grey Goo 13:48 16 Aug 08

you could try START/RUN then type sfc /scannow you may need installation disc if it asks for it unless you have an I386 folder on your drive

tullie 14:26 16 Aug 08

Probably got a virus?What does your security software tell you?

Les28 14:29 16 Aug 08

Is Windows picture and fax viewer still the associated program to open image files on your computer?
That's open My Computer, tick Tools, then Folder Options, then the File Types tab then scroll down to whatever file type your pictures are, probably jpeg ?

If it still shows as WPFX alongside jpeg in the list, have a look at this MS site about reregistering the Shimgvw.dll file

click here

the tog 15:31 16 Aug 08

Virus result showed many trogans / exe files- all quarantined now

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…