No thread(s) found when searching this forum

Nosmas 16:30 18 Jul 03

This thread click here includes a contribution from 'woodchip' today @ 15:06 hrs in which he uses the words 'Seagate' and 'Barracuda'. I am sure I have also seen in the past, other threads mentioning 'Barracuda', but a search for that name (without the quotes) in Helproom with 'all discussion' and 'search titles and all postings' as the criteria, results in a 'no matches found' message.

Using the same criteria and searching for 'Seagate' produces 21 hits, the latest being for a last response on 03/07/03 but DOES NOT include the aforementioned post today from 'woodchip'. I haven't yet looked at any of these to see if the name 'Barracuda' appears anywhere in them. Can anyone else get any different results, or tell me what I am doing wrong?

Djohn 16:39 18 Jul 03

I did the following. In the search box, I typed.

Barracuda-OR-Barracuda

Search all threads, all discussion. It came back with 100 hits! j.

crx1600 16:40 18 Jul 03

searching for 'seagate' "OR" 'barracuda' includes both this thread and the one you've linked.

using "AND" gave no results.

searching for either 'seagate' or 'barracuda' seperately gave no results.

all the above searching 'titles and all postings'

dont ask me how it works!

crx1600 16:53 18 Jul 03

i should add, my searches were only over the 'past week'

using "AND" gave no result, but using "OR" did.

Djohn 16:57 18 Jul 03

My method is the same as used by crx1600. I very rarely use the "AND" in the centre box as this limits the search to finding both words. Using the "OR" will generally return better results. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…