No system or CD sounds?

Berskie 13:51 26 Aug 06

New pc bought and setup mainly for Cubase. First time I have used Cubase and PC music/Midi program for music production. I have managed to get good quality backing tracks made using Cubase to date. I have a Proteus X Soundcard set up and working fine as a Midi inerface from PC to keyboards & external sound modules operated & controlled through Cubase. As yet I do not use the Proteus card as a sound card i.e. I am only using it as a midi interface to extermal keyboards etc. this is down to my ignorrance and lack of knowledge. I am trying to get system sounds and CD sounds out of my PC theough the Proteus card but with no sucess. I have tried every troubleshoot with no sucess! My onboard soundcard has been disabled as per Proteus setup instructions. Can anyone help?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:28 26 Aug 06

Have you loaded the drivers for the proteus card?

Selected the card in - control panel - sounds and audio device - audio tab

Sound setup
click here

Berskie 14:51 27 Aug 06

Thanx for the reply. In 'sounds and audio devices properties' I have Proteus drivers set as default device in Sound playback, sound recording and Midi music playback. Any more suggestions? I have been through the sound set up that you suggested also with no luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced