no status momitor on epson stylus photo 700

fullyfitted 19:39 14 Nov 03

I have installed a epson stylus 700 printer on to a xp platform and everything apart from the status monitor is working ok.Since downloading the drivers The epson down load library no longer lists the drivers for this printer, (I have contacted epson by e-mail but I'm not holding my breath awating a reply) The monitor is listed under the utility tab but is "greyed out"
Any one any experience of this problem and how to overcome it or do I just keep a good supply of ink cartridges and hope for the best.

anchor 20:28 14 Nov 03

Obviously you have installed a printer driver that works OK. Epson never issued specific XP ones for this model. I have it too.

Win-2k drivers for the 700 are listed, but you have to scroll down the list. Epson are not good for issuing new drivers for their printers, I have minor problems with my fairly recent 895 with XP. The XP drivers on their site are actually for Win-2k, and every time I switch the printer on, it tell me new hardware found. I e-mailed Epson, and the technician said he has the same problem. No positive solution given. The printer works fine if I ignore the new hardware found message.

Do you have any drivers for Status monitor?, if so they have to be installed after the printer drivers, or it won`t work. If not, you could try downloading any version of status monitor and try that. It will probably work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…