No Start Button or Systray

Jonno131 13:04 09 Aug 05

The start button, quick launch and systray have disappeared from my nephew's Win ME PC. He says he hasn't been messing with anything! Can anyone help please?

Charlie Babbage 13:43 09 Aug 05

... sorry, you'll have to look up Help if you don't know how to do this. I've never had to use it myself, thank goodness.

As a last resort, try re-installing Windows ME but not before you've read any other posts from users more knowledgeable than me!

scotty 13:52 09 Aug 05

The Task Bar has possibly been dragged down to the bottom of the screen. Move the mouse pointer to the bottom of the screen. Does it change from a pointer into a double headed vertical arrow? If so, press and hold the left mouse button and drag the Task Bar up to its original height.

Mavisk 14:01 09 Aug 05

If the above does not apply, press the alt key and then the s key om your keyboard to get your start menu up. Try start/ run/sfc, or sfc /scannow, not sure which it is as I don't have win me.You'll probably need the win me disc in the drive.
Also I believe

Mavisk 14:03 09 Aug 05

Oops, I meant to add, that I believe win me has system restore,so try restoring your pc back to a point before the problem started.

Jonno131 20:05 09 Aug 05

Thanks for suggestions. Will try next ime I have access to his machine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…