No space on hard drive....???!

railauk 00:50 08 Feb 04

I was getting the popup box telling me that I needed to free up some space on my hard drive so I deleted over 4GB of video files and even after emptying the recycle bin I kept getting the same message....I checked the disk space and it showed 151 MB as free......can someone please explain what happened to the space I created?!?

Many thanks in advance!

(oh and I have Windows XP)

The Spires 01:08 08 Feb 04

151 meg is not much space, if you deleted 4 Gig of files you should have that much space at least. You may have errors on your disk, if you right click the C:\ in My Computer, select properties then Tools & Error Checking & reboot.

railauk 11:05 08 Feb 04

...I tried that ( I have freed up some more space in the meanwhile too) but even after doing that I still had only 151 mb free... :(

Dazwm 11:16 08 Feb 04

Silly question but did you delete them from the recycle bin?

railauk 11:23 08 Feb 04

After deleting them I emptied the recycle bin as I normally would....I just don't get it!

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 11:26 08 Feb 04

Is this xp? if so try lowering your system restore disc settings to free up space.

railauk 11:41 08 Feb 04

System Restore is on the lowest setting (200mb) but it does show the status of HDDC as suspended due to low disc space, it states I need to run a disk cleanup and ensure there is at least 200mb free (which is strange as there is more than that available now) but I am in the process of running disk cleanup (again) to see if that helps.

I really appreciate everyones help and welcome anymore suggestions you may have!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…