No sounds coming through speakers

Bentimol 15:27 17 May 05

Although my speakers are lit up and 'crackle' when I first switch on, there is no sound at all. Any advice as to how I can rectify this would be appreciated.

Dorothy.

Caroll 15:36 17 May 05

Your cable pairs to the pc could be broken or the soldering got loose. The light on means that your speaker amp is ok. It's not likely to be sound card failure. It's a simple fix by any technical guy.

Indigo 1 15:45 17 May 05

There are many things to check, among them are;

1) Make sure they are plugged into the correct PC socket (usually green) to make sure they are connected correctly, unplug and plug back in again fully a couple of times.

2) You may have more than one green socket at the back which would indicate that an add-on soundcard had been added, if so try the other one.

3)In Control Panel check with Sounds and Audio Devices and make sure that the volume is up and that it hasn't been muted.

If all that fails we will need more info like Operating System and Soundcard type, make and model.

To get that sort of info you could use click here and I think Everest home edition too click here

Sans le Sou 16:08 17 May 05

Is this a new system you are setting up or has this suddenly happened without anything being changed?

Sans le Sou 16:13 17 May 05

If they are Creative speakers with the wired remote and you have headphones connected then this will mute the speakers.

eego 16:43 17 May 05

I have recently looked at a PC thast displayed the same symptoms. After repalcing the speakers and connecting a new line output/line input cable I was able to identify the problem and it was easily easily resolved by simply cleaning the connectors of the original cable that had become dirty.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…