No Sounds

Iain 21:41 23 Sep 03

Running Win XP home with three accounts plus guest account. My own and my daughters are account administrator and one other limited.
I have lost sounds in my account ie Opening Windows, closing etc. They work in the other accounts! They also play when I open "sounds" . I have Windows default selected. Where have they gone?

Iain

JIM 22:01 23 Sep 03

your not on mute in the audio properties?
If all right of late,day or so and to save to much hassel go back to a checkpoint and do a system/restore.

Iain 22:38 23 Sep 03

Checked for muting first but its OK otherwise sounds on sampling wouldn't work. Can't remember how far back it was for System Restore. Its odd that other accounts work OK

Iain

JIM 11:06 24 Sep 03

Most of what is posted iam sure you know.Just listing for you to recheck and try testing sound with in the properties box to see if they produce sample sound at that time.May be over the top answer for such a small problem,usually the way. :)

Spend a little time and check all samples Check out also the sounds video /game controller item via the device manager to see if all are listed as showing now problems.

Some individual change on your account after loading a program or uninstalling a program may be the cause and getting it back would be simple enough,If you delete your account,then recreate it.
But as you likely know some file such as Favourites folder will disappear though your documents folder would be safe as they would be transferred to other account.some software programs also may need ID/PASSWORDS put back in also.

To turn on the Windows XP default sound scheme, follow these directions:

Single-click the Start menu.

Single-click the Control Panel.

Single-click the Sounds, Speech, and Audio Devices icon.

Single-click the Sounds and Audio Devices icon or the text labeled "Change the sound scheme."
Make sure you're on the Sound tab and locate the pull-down menu under Sound scheme.
Select the Windows Default option and press Apply. Windows will ask you if you want to save the previous sound scheme. Since there wasn't a sound scheme already loaded, just choose No.

If you look under the text labeled "Program events," you'll be able to sample your new sounds or customize them with your own.

You could also see if sound is applied after you pick a theme from the list in display properties.

could try a sfc /scannow

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…