No sound - Windows Media Player.

Alvis 20:45 24 Jun 05

For the past few days, I seem to have lost sound on WMP. I uninstalled WMP and downloaded and installed latest version - still no sound. I checked Control Panel Audio HQ - everything ok. Also checked Sounds & Audio Devices. Sound playback is by SB Audigy (B400)and sound record by logitech Microphone (Pro 3000). All are ok.
Voice playback and recording by Voip USB phone. All volume levels ok and mute off.

I get picture on WMP and I can also see the sound patterns on the small graphic display, but there's no volume.

Any ideas as to fixing this would be appreciated greatly. Where it's possible for me to choose a player I can usually use Real, Nero, iTunes, etc. Yahoo music vids are ok too. However I have eg emails that automatically open with WMP and there's no sound..

Dave R 08:15 25 Jun 05

This happened to me after I plugged the S.B. Audigy plugs into the wrong sockets in the back of the tower case. I accidently plugged them into an on board sound socket whereas the Audigy plugs have to go into their dedicated sound card connections.

Alvis 08:53 25 Jun 05

Many thanks Dave. Talk about being blind to the obvious! I had one cable between the sound card and my TV card in the wrong socket.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009