No sound - WIN XP

Pangie 18:40 15 Dec 05

Im using WIN XP and with Board: SiS-760. I do not have sound at all and in devise manager there are no yellow question marks.

i have downloaded SIS 760 drivers but still no luck.

Please help.

Newuser939 18:45 15 Dec 05

There can be all sorts of different reasons for this. However, in case it helps, in one case I came across recently, the sound had been lost due to an accidental change in Bios settings. Restoring all Bios settings to their defaults cured the problem

PaulB2005 18:46 15 Dec 05

Is the sound enabled in the BIOS?

Wak 19:15 15 Dec 05

Check in Control Panel/ Add, Remove Programs/ Windows Setup tab/ Multimedia.
Are all the Sound and Volume boxes ticked????

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:29 15 Dec 05

Sound setup
click here

Pangie 11:06 16 Dec 05

sound is enabled in BIOS and tried everything suggested but still no sound.

Smiler 11:09 16 Dec 05

Are the speakers connected and, if they are powered speakers, is the power to them switched on.
Sounds basic but not impossible.

wobblymike 15:49 16 Dec 05

A few assumptions
1. Sound is not muted in Sounds and audio devices in control panel
2. PC speaker is not not muted as above

Given these assumptions go into Control Panel, Sounds and audio devices, select the sounds tab, select a sound and play it - does it play through speakers. If not and all connections are correct go into audio tab and confirm that it is not greyed out given that it is not, shove an audio CD into a cd drive - does WMP play it with all the flashing lights etc. If so but still no sound then either your drivers are wrong or you have a fault on the mobo. To prove this stick a PCI sound card in and see if your sound works. If so point made - most likely cause duff drivers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…