//some 3rd party need geo

No sound while dialling

Meshuga 06:53 26 Dec 03

I have a new pc which show on screen that it is dialling and then connects ok but it makes no sound like my other pc makes while doing so.
There is the usual single beep when booting up so the internal speaker is obviously working. Is there anything I should check to get it working.
I`ve checked all volume controls and they are ok.
Its obviously working ok without it but I prefer to have it working . I have Win ME running on both pc`s. Can anyone offer a solution please.Meshuga.

"I have a new pc which show on screen that it is dialling and then connects ok but it makes no sound like my other pc makes while doing so"

If you mean the modem Its on the configuration side of the modem, ensure the tick is next to "enable modem speaker"

Meshuga 11:05 26 Dec 03

[email protected] E, Many thanks. Will check it out.

Meshuga 11:20 26 Dec 03

Have checked your suggestion but cannot find any
mention of " enable modem speaker" but in modem properties the volume slider is set half way between "of" and "full". Mesuga.

Put it to full then dial in, you should hear something.

In Volume Control, Options, Properties, check Show PC Speaker.

christmascracker 12:31 26 Dec 03

Network connections, right click the relevant connection, right click go to properties, on the general tab click configure and make sure there is a tick in "enable modem speaker"

Meshuga 13:52 26 Dec 03

Many thanks to all who responded. Will have a go later.Regards, Meshuga.

Meshuga 18:44 26 Dec 03

Still unable to find this elusive "enable PC speaker" box. Will keep trying though. Thanks for all the suggestions. Regards, Meshuga.

woodchip 18:47 26 Dec 03

Some modems do not support sound

Just a thought - run Ad-aware to make sure a dialer hasn't disabled the sound so you wouldn't hear it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…