No sound when watching TV

bollo 21:45 15 Jan 04

I have a MV Ionix 98 with VGA 128MB Ati Radeon 9800SE.
I can watch TV but i can't hear any sound.
Can somebody help?
Thanks in advance Bollo

tafoody 22:19 15 Jan 04

on my PC i have to enable 'auxiliary' in play control (the volume levels)

double-clicking the speaker icon down by the clock should open play control.

if 'auxiliary' isnt listed, click options \ properties, then add it to the list.

Bacon & Eggs 13:41 16 Jan 04

I have an MV (*sniff, RIP*) fitted with a TV card that is separate from the graphics card. To get audio I need a cable running from one the the holes on the TV card to the line-in (i believe) on the graphics card.

You didn't say whether your TV and gfx cards are separate (i'm not familiar with the 9800SE) but if so, you know what to do. Took me about a week to figure it out personally...

Chegs ® 13:48 16 Jan 04

I had a Pinnacle RAVE tv card,it refused to allow audio playback until I located a different driver for it.I went thru every single cfg setting trying to get audio out,but with the different driver,it started working as it should instantly.

woodchip 13:52 16 Jan 04

I have a WinPCI card and have a wire on the back of the card to line in on sound card

Bacon & Eggs 14:14 16 Jan 04

Sorry.. it is Friday after all... I did of course mean that the cable on mine goes to the line-in on the sound card.

Leadtek Winfast TV card --> SB Audigy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…