No sound when downloa videos from Sony DCR - SX33E

penholder 12:56 12 Sep 10

I can download videos files. The video plays on my PC but no sound. Using Sony PMB software. Soundcard works because I can play music, other videos. Videos on camera will play on TV with sound.
Do I need a particular codec for my PC to play these files?. PC has integrated sound card on an Abit A-N68SV motherborad, XP service pack 3.

eedcam 15:17 12 Sep 10

By download do you mean via Usb if so you would be much better off using a Card reader importing the file that way Then play it on whatever you have VLC player is free and might be a better move than messing around getting codecs it wil play virtually anything
click here

penholder 20:41 13 Sep 10

Thanks for your reply. I was connecting the camera as per instructions. However, have found the answer from a reviewer of the product on Amazon. Using the Sony software PMB, the sound plays. To use Windows Media Player it is necessary to convert to a format it will play.

eedcam 22:14 13 Sep 10

Glad you are sorted

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…