No sound when capturing using Sonic MyDVD

pj123 15:14 01 Sep 07

I am transferring all my Beta/VHS tapes to DVD.

Using Sonic MyDVD I get video when capturing but no sound.

Is there a way to get Video and sound?

I have emailed Sonic but have not had any response.

If I use Pinnacle Studio 9 I can get Video and Sound but, unfortunately, the sound is out of sync which is why I am using Sonic.

Woolwell 17:47 01 Sep 07

Think that we may need a bit more information. I have used Sonic MyDVD Serif edition and have not had any problems capturing sound and video.

How are you connecting to the PC? It may help if you give some specs of your PC as you have sync problem with Pinnacle.

pj123 17:55 03 Sep 07

Sorry, Woolwell. Not with you there. Sonic MyDVD Serif edition?

I have XP/SP2.

I am using Dazzle Fusion USB Capture device. It actually works perfect with MyDVD but I would like to hear the sound as well as see the video.

Woolwell 20:46 03 Sep 07

My version of Sonic MyDVD was supplied by Serif.

I think that I misunderstood your original post.
Is it that you can don't get audio during capture but it is there on playback?
See click here
and scroll down to why I can't hear audio.

pj123 15:42 04 Sep 07

Woolwell, no you didn't misunderstand. But from your link that is what I mean. It says:

"To ensure a smooth capture, audio monitoring is muted during the capture process. Audio can be heard during playback of the recorded file."

I guess I have to live with that, though I would like to hear the sound as well as the video when capturing. If I use Pinnacle Studio to do the capture I do get video and sound but, unfortunately, the sound is out of sync, which is why I now use MyDVD to capture.

I will tick as resolved.

Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant