no sound on vga

yorkieman 02:14 05 Jun 08

hi any advice please, i have just got a new comp and monitor my problem is i dont get any sound from vga but i do from the hdmi output on the comp to the monitor but the picture is not as good as vga, my graphics card is a ati radeon x1200 series and my sound card is a realtek hda hdmi out, it has me beat all the settings look ok

MCE2K5 02:32 05 Jun 08

VGA does not carry sound, You need a "3.5mm Male Stereo JACK TO JACK Audio Cable 1m Lead" click here Between the Sound Card Out (Light Blue Socket) and the Monitor.

MCE2K5 02:33 05 Jun 08

(Light Blue Socket) or Green Socket.

ambra4 02:38 05 Jun 08

“no sound on vga”

VGA is picture ONLY no audio

HDMI

Is both video and audio

If you find the VGA picture better just use the HDMI for the Audio

yorkieman 03:18 05 Jun 08

thxs i have a audio cable from the comp to the monitor but still no sound and how do i play sound from hdmi? my monitor only lets me select either vga or hdmi input, i thought hdmi was the best picture you could get

ambra4 11:58 07 Jun 08

The line out socket on the sound card (light green socket) does not have the power to

drive the speaker on the monitor, at full volume the audio would be very soft.

most monitor speakers are so small that they sound very thinly lack bass and sound like a

pocket size portable radio

You need to install a good set of power type speakers which have a audio amplifier if you

want to use the VGA cable

Seeing that the HDMI picture quality is not to your liking just use the VGA connection

with a good set of speaker

I take it that you have try adjusting the monitor setting manually using the HDMI cable

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009