no sound using DVD player

divineroodog 22:00 20 Jan 03
  divineroodog 22:00 20 Jan 03

Recently purchased 2nd hand computer from a store that installed a DVD player as an upgrade to the package. (power DVD) it works fine, but there is no sound. all other sound works fine including audio CD's. i cannot uninstall/re-install power DVD due to not phisically owning the software.
i downloaded 'real player' but still no sound whilst playing DVD's. i just found out that there is no sound when playing a movie clip through 'windows media player'.
i am using windows '98, ZIP pc, 1300mhz.
i know it sounds silly, but im not even sure what my sound card is (if i have one at all?) could it be 'SIS'?

microkid 13:35 21 Jan 03

It might be that the audio cable that connect`s from the dvd drive to the sound card has not been connected , first try that look inside your computer and check that it is connected take the right percautions first though, If it is connected then check your audio properties in control panel and make sure that your cd audio is not set to mute have a look to see what is set to mute and try unticking the boxes.Also when power dvd is up and running right click on the programme and click on configeration check the audio settings there check that it corisponds to your speaker setup and also make sure the volume is set high.

MalcSP 13:48 21 Jan 03

You have already opened up this thread to which I among others have responded. If our answers were not suitable just tell us we'll try harder. The other responses amount to the answer on this thread but you could have had them earlier!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…