no sound, tv input card

colinb 11:47 15 Aug 03
  DieSse 12:32 15 Aug 03

Well - assuming you have chosen the correct sockets......

One cause of no sound may be your location, and the sound subcarrier set into the software.

If you are in the UK, the sound should be set to PAL-I, and if you are on the continent, it should be set to PAL-G

For a complete country list see click here

colinb 19:35 15 Aug 03

Thanks but how do I set the sound to PAL-I, I can't find anything in the instructions? I'm in the UK.

DieSse 20:15 15 Aug 03

Can you say what model TV card, and what the name of the software is - plus how are you feeding the TV signal into the card - from where with wht type of connection, please.

colinb 22:12 15 Aug 03

Pinnacle PCTV [ the basic/cheapest tv capture card],windows 98,the signal is fed in using a loft aerial and co-axial cable into the aerial input socket of the TV card. The picture is OK, there's just no sound just a hissing noise.

DieSse 22:45 15 Aug 03

Look on page 47 of the manual for choosing which TV system - PAL - or PAL-I if it's a choice - and country - you must choose UK.

Also check Page 52 - for which input on the sound card to select - must be set to Line-in, as shown in the illustration.

It may have a country specific tuner - which should be PAL-I - is this marked on the box?

You may have the Line-in input on the sound card muted, or turned down - double click on the L/S volume control in the system tray, and look for the vlume of the Line-in.

You also may have chosen the wrong input on your sound card - what sound card do you have, and how many inputs are ther, and their colours and markings please.

colinb 22:03 16 Aug 03

I will look at the instruction pages shortly but I do not have a sound card on my system just on board sound.[Packard bell club 70H]. The TV card would be suitable for the UK, it was bought in PC world.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…