no sound + trojan

picklsey 17:26 21 Sep 04

xp home,installed new m/b everything seemed fine had the sound symbol on the taskbar had not connected the speakers when i went to connect the speakers today i noticed before i connected them that the sound symbol had disapeared from the task bar i checked in device manager i have exclamation mark against c-medea ac97 audio device when i checked this it says this device cannot start code (10)when i put my m/b cd in to try and reinstall the drivers avast a/v pops up and says i have a trojan win 32: trojan-gen.(delphi)i got avast to do a boot time scan and it says it has deleted it.so i put m/b cd in to sort the audio drivers out and the cycle continues.i,ve had the m/b cd in before with no problems this has only started today.any help on this would be appreicated.

safemode 17:35 21 Sep 04
  picklsey 18:40 21 Sep 04

got it resolved my head is so pickled with trying to get this pc running well i forgot which is often given for advice on this great form.a simple system restore.all,s well so far.thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

D&AD Awards 2017: see the best design, advertising, illustration, animation and VR of the past year

How to lose weight with an Apple Watch