no sound + trojan

picklsey 17:26 21 Sep 04

xp home,installed new m/b everything seemed fine had the sound symbol on the taskbar had not connected the speakers when i went to connect the speakers today i noticed before i connected them that the sound symbol had disapeared from the task bar i checked in device manager i have exclamation mark against c-medea ac97 audio device when i checked this it says this device cannot start code (10)when i put my m/b cd in to try and reinstall the drivers avast a/v pops up and says i have a trojan win 32: trojan-gen.(delphi)i got avast to do a boot time scan and it says it has deleted it.so i put m/b cd in to sort the audio drivers out and the cycle continues.i,ve had the m/b cd in before with no problems this has only started today.any help on this would be appreicated.

safemode 17:35 21 Sep 04
  picklsey 18:40 21 Sep 04

got it resolved my head is so pickled with trying to get this pc running well i forgot which is often given for advice on this great form.a simple system restore.all,s well so far.thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…