No sound as Power User

Mr K 18:00 06 Nov 03

I have set up a Windows XP Pro machine for a user. I did all the configuring under my own profile which has local admin rights and via System, Advanced, User Profile settings, I copied my profile to the users profile so she would get all my settings. The user is set up as a local Power User but when I log on as her none of the Windows sounds seem to work. If I go into Control Panel and try to play the sounds, they play perfectly well. Has anyone got any ideas?

Thanks
Jonathan

recap 20:44 06 Nov 03

As you are the Administrator some of those setting will not transfer to a Power Users account, this is due to security and permission rights.

Power Users Cannot:
Access other users' data without permission
Delete or modify user accounts they did not create. With this in mind the power user will not be able to enable the sound.

If your intentions are to allow the Power user to be able to add user accounts, modify those accounts,install and run applications,

recap 20:47 06 Nov 03

sorry pressed the wrong key.

customize setting in the Control Panel etc. I would suggest that you just create a Power user account without transfering your settings.

Mr K 14:25 10 Nov 03

Thanks very much for your quick response. The problem was actually caused by a registry file run as part of the logon script that was/is intended for our Citrix users. The registry file was to remove all sounds so that Citrix users can't annoy everyone.

Cheers anyway!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…