NO SOUND FROM PLASMA WHEN PC CONNECTED

DAZA1968 17:58 25 Jan 08

I HAVE JUST CONNECTED MY PC TO MY PANASONIC PLASMA PICTURE IS FINE BUT I CAN NOT GET ANY SOUND HAVE USED VERY GOOD AUDIO CABLE BUT STILL NO SOUND MY PLASMA MODEL IS TH 50 PZ 70B

johnnyrocker 18:16 25 Jan 08

stop shouting, what os on pc and have you used tv out? where have you sourced your audio from?

joohnny.

DAZA1968 18:40 25 Jan 08

I THINK IT IS THE SOUND CARD ON BACK OF PC
IT HAS 3 JACKS WHITE RED YELLOW S VIDEO & TWO
ARIEL CONNECTERS I HAVE CONNECTED WHITE & RED
FROM PC TO PLASMA,S WHITE&RED AS SHOWN IN TV
MANUEL

MCE2K5 19:00 25 Jan 08

"I THINK IT IS THE SOUND CARD ON BACK OF PC
IT HAS 3 JACKS WHITE RED YELLOW S VIDEO & TWO
ARIEL CONNECTERS":

That is a TV Card Layout, Not a Sound Card.

johnnyrocker 19:07 25 Jan 08

using capitals is considered shouting and bad manners,there as far as i know no combined audio/video card.

johnny

DieSse 21:57 25 Jan 08

As MCE2K5 says - that looks like a TV tuner card - is it digital or analogue?

Yellow is picture - red and white are sound. If you are also using s.video for the picture, you may va an input selection issue on the TV.

Without seeing all the documentation it's difficult to offer advice.

Here's one simple test you may be able to do. If you have some computer speakers or headphones, plug the sound output into them, and see if you get sound. (you may need an adapter to get the correct connections.

If you get sound then - the computer end is OK. If you don't, then clearly the problem is at the TV card end.

DieSse 21:59 25 Jan 08

If it's an analogue tuner, you will have to set up the sound format to PAL-I. If it's set to PAL-B/G you'll get no sound.

woodchip 22:00 25 Jan 08

Look for a\ Line out on fcront or back of comp, or use headphon socket turn volum down first if you use headphone

DAZA1968 12:55 26 Jan 08

thanks very much for all the help
daza1968

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…