no sound output upon startup, any operations or wi

ReyesKing 12:07 29 Dec 04

ndows media player- suddenly i have no sound, i've checked everythings plugged in as it should be! whats happened? please help me

jack 12:17 29 Dec 04

Go to/

Start/

Programs/

Assessories/

Entertainment/

Volume Control/

lots of slder make sure volume is not ticked mute
also far left
Mute All make sure it is not ticked

gudgulf 12:18 29 Dec 04

First thing to do is open the volume control by right clicking the speaker icon on the task bar and check that nothing is set to "mute".

ReyesKing 12:20 29 Dec 04

thanks alot for some strange reasdon when i go to entertainment, i have no volume control there, only windows media player. a message came up with a problem with the sound driver, how can i re-install it first of all? the volume wasnt set to mute last time i checked

ReyesKing 12:36 29 Dec 04

heeelp

ReyesKing 12:39 29 Dec 04

i have volume control now thanks to addremove programs -nothing is on mute -still no sound :-(

buscrew 12:41 29 Dec 04

It would be helpful to know what kind of sound setup you are using, onboard, pci etc, and also the make and model of the same. Mean time right click my computer, click properties select the hardware tab then device manager, scroll down to your sound card and see if there are any yellow exclamation marks, and post back. Also let us know what OS you are using, and if you have tried a system restore to an earlier, working configuration.

ReyesKing 12:51 29 Dec 04

Its Realtek AC'97 Audio,
Location- PCI bus 0, device 31 , function 5

i did a system trouble shoot and there are no sounds at all, none on music, no system sounds such as errors, asterisks etc i have checked connections everything seems fine, i am baffled

ReyesKing 12:54 29 Dec 04

i tried system restore to an earlier working date & config and sound is still dead.

ReyesKing 12:56 29 Dec 04

no exclamation marks, it says everything is working perfectly.im using Windows XP on an Emachines 620 system, 2.70 Ghz Intel celeron processor, 512 mb DDR

ReyesKing 13:18 29 Dec 04

??no help for me

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…