no sound or modem detected

blackbuk 22:19 01 Jan 04

i recently installed anew hard drive into a club 70 packard bell but since reloading windows 98 i have no sound or cannot conect to the internet. i can find very little on where to find the correct driver to re-install them

DieSse 23:07 01 Jan 04

They're usually on a driver CD that came with the system - Utilities or Drivers are the key things to look for on the CDs.

OR - look on this page for drivers to download click here

minter 00:31 02 Jan 04

It sounds (excuse the pun) as though you have not installed the drivers for your sound card or modem.

When you originally got your computer you will have been given a load of CDs and possibly floppies.

Have a look for one that looks as though it has drivers for your sound card, and also one for your modem.

If you know the make of your sound card and modem possibly be able to give more advice.

To find them look at the PCI slots inside your computer. The one with the telephone cable socket is the modem have a look and see if there is any info, also same for sound card.

blackbuk 17:51 02 Jan 04

I have looked at the modem card and there is very little info on the actual card but i did find the original system configuration sheet and on that it states that a V.90 data fax modem(56kbps) is installed,I have installed a v.90 standard driver from windows but to no avail.when i go into the systm setting ,device drivers it sees my modem but itstill does not see the modem. I also have cleared all the old dial up networking connections and reinstalled to no avail

regards
kevin

MichelleC 18:37 02 Jan 04

When you reinstalled 98 over itself did you redownload all M$ updates? Force device manager to reinstall drivers (even if it says it's ok) by navigating via M$ (if no-go use this pci finder tool to identify modem click here or may have to use aida32 for sound card)

blackbuk 18:43 04 Jan 04

I have got sound driver from the web but still no joy with modem

DieSse 19:10 04 Jan 04

You mean it wasn't any of the drivers from the P-B web site??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…