No sound from onboard audio

davidwilliams85 22:18 23 Oct 08

I no longer seem to be able to get sound from my onboard sound, which I believe is Realtek ac 97.
My operating system is Windows XP and in case its of any use the bios is Ami bios version 0306.

Any thoughts on what the problem could be and how to fix it?

Thanks,

skidzy 22:19 23 Oct 08
  davidwilliams85 22:38 23 Oct 08

thanks skidzy,the program has said I have a total of 1115 registry errors! Is it safe to click clean registry and how will this help solve my sound problem?

Thanks,

Technotiger 22:59 23 Oct 08

I mate of mine complained of the same thing to me yesterday - I told him to check if his sound was muted in Control Panel>Sounds and Audio devices ... sure enough it was! Always the first thing to check.

davidwilliams85 23:06 23 Oct 08

That sounds like something that could happen to me, however not on this occasion!
I should have mentioned earlier - when I connect the speakers the Realtek ac 97 sound manager opens and when it tests the connection it says to check the connection on the front left speaker. When I use other speakers or headphones it says the same problem, and all of the speakers and headphones work on other devices....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…