No sound on my profile in XP

BLACK CATS 12:11 19 Aug 04

Without reason that I can see when logged in on my user profile in XP Pro I have no sound on any application at all - yet when logged in as my kids sound works fine . Any thoughts please ??

jonnytub 12:46 19 Aug 04

have you checked that the volume is turned up? go to the little volume icon in your bottom right hand corner of the screen and make sure it is not muted or turned right down. simple answers first ;-)

Out of curiosity does the name black cat relate in any way to SAFC?

BLACK CATS 13:10 19 Aug 04

Volume is fine & yes Black Cat is very much related to SAFC - I hope this doesnt prejudice any assistance tho.....

jonnytub 13:12 19 Aug 04

no, dont worry i'm in shields and consider myself out the loop, anyway getting back to the problem, have you checked that the device driver is loading in your profile? for the soundcard / chip, is it a built in one or a seperate car?

jonnytub 13:16 19 Aug 04

can you hear sound if you go: go into device manager, click on sounds and audio devices icon, (new dialogue box comes up) click on the sounds tab, click on an event for windows to play sound at the bottom of this tab and hit play.

BLACK CATS 13:17 19 Aug 04

pretty sure its ok , its a seperate card - surely the device would be a problem in all profiles nt just mine ?? ( By the way Im posting this from work so unable to confirm this right now !!)

jonnytub 13:17 19 Aug 04

sorry by "go into device manager" i mean control panel

jonnytub 13:19 19 Aug 04

not sure but maybe something in your profile stops the souncard driver from loading in.

also when you get home check in device manager to see if there are any exclamation marks next to your soundcard. also have you run the sound troubleshooter built into xp.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…