No sound on my Laptop

Teddy Jeff 12:39 03 Jan 10

I am unable to get any sound from my laptop. it is a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo A1650, Windows XP Home. I have tried re-installing EP O/S twice.
I have tried downloading new drivers and when I look in the Device Manager everything is ok except all the items in the Other Devices folder.
Mass Storage Controller
Multimeadia Audio Controller
Network Controller
PCI Modem
SM Bus Controller
and Video Controller
All have the yellow question mark and no drivers installed can anyone help please?

jamesd1981 13:46 03 Jan 10

aswell as the drivers check you have codecs installed.

Teddy Jeff 14:06 03 Jan 10

Thanks jamesd1981,
I have tried but was unable to locate the drivers. I have used Driver Magic which shows that the drivers have been downloaded and installed successfully but when I look in the Divice Manager the drivers ars not installed.

Teddy Jeff 14:07 03 Jan 10

Thanks jamesd1981
The codes seem OK

Teddy Jeff 14:45 03 Jan 10

I tried to run a couple of programs i.e. Movie maker and Media player
and go the message "There maybe no sound device installed"

rdave13 15:14 03 Jan 10

Go to the site and type your serial/identnumber to get your drivers; click here
Help to locate serial/identnumber on right of page.

jamesd1981 15:17 03 Jan 10

alot systems use either realtek ac97 audio drivers or reaktek hd audio drivers try downloading these at click here

Teddy Jeff 15:52 03 Jan 10

Thank you all for the help I have got the sound working,with your help, and I have downloaded the modem driver do I still need to find the other missing drivers?

Teddy Jeff 16:07 03 Jan 10

I will be back
Thanks again all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…