no sound with msn im

mimo 18:53 27 Dec 03

hi all.recently i purchased a web cam with built in mic.when the camera is being used with msn i can see the images,mine and the one being transmitted,but neither of us can hear it possible to transmit both audio and visual with msn ?.we both have win xp the latest versions of msn...pc line webcam...packardbell webcam.urgent help required.thanks mimo

matt1234 20:10 27 Dec 03

when you open a IM conversation you have to request a video conversation and then a mic conversation and also check that the volumes are up

AubreyS 20:14 27 Dec 03

I've had a no sound problem with MSN for ages along with a friend of mine. I've tried everything to try and sort it to no avail. I use Yahoo Messenegr with no problem. I await an answer with baited breath.

johnnyrocker 20:26 27 Dec 03

msn have had this under review for some time, i believe the majority of problems are to do with isp firewalls/config, as posted yahoo and of course eyball chat have no probs, it's a pity because the picture quality on msn is superior.

mimo 19:55 02 Jan 04

hello and thanks for your assistance.i now have sound and video,outdated software.cheers mimo

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…