No sound from ME2000, can you Help?

Tigger1 11:37 11 May 03

I am getting no sound from my system, apart from the modem dialling out which is coming through my speakers fine. I have checked volume and modem controls. I recently deleted some games, and wonder if directX might affect this. Can anybody help? thanks

recap 13:37 11 May 03

When you say "I am getting no sound from my system", do you mean when playing a music CD or from your HD when it is operating?

what happens when you run dxdiag (start,run type dxdiag press enter) that will tell you if its a dx problem. check all the settings in the sonds and multimedia control panel applet and check the device manager and check your sound card is fully seated. did you check the complete volume controls or just the little slider?

Tigger1 15:50 11 May 03

Hi recap it is not playing cds and the hd is very quiet, horiz5 have checked control panel and device manager, dx says there is a verification fault, this may be because this PC is second hand, will give it another go thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…