no sound on a ME pc ?

Magik™ 18:29 20 Mar 03

hi, this is for a friend, who is working nights.

he has no sound coming from the speakers, but sound is coming from the headphone socket, he has been into control panel, multimedia, and he said that the slider for sound is on the low setting, but will not slide up, myself not having got ME, i can not look at mine..so in a nutshell, could you give me list of things he could check when he gets back tomorrow.. thanks very much...

Altair 21:03 20 Mar 03

Double click on the speaker icon (volume) on the lower right of the screen and you will be presented with a host of utilities, some will probably be muted so change them and that should put it right.

Magik™ 22:07 20 Mar 03

thanks for that, i will pass it on....

professor 22:32 20 Mar 03

simply right-click on "my computer" select "properties" then "device manager" tab and finally click the "+" next to "sound,video and game controllers" remove all that is in that list then restart the pc windows will re-find and install it all and that will definatly work if not check the pc speaker connections.

prof

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…