No sound on DVD films Mute is activated

bazjh 15:49 05 Oct 05

Have just replace my old Hansol monitor with free standing speakes with a Iiyama Prolite E451S with integrated speakers (also a headphone socket). Sound worked fairly well on old free standing speakers but although new monitor is working perfectly, therefore I must have connected the leads properly, there is no sound on DVDs at all, whatever I do. Monitor sound menu (via button on front of screen) says Mute is activated, but Iiyama manual doesn't tell how to deactivate it. Checked that sound lead is in right sockets, and it seems to be (pale green both ends - pale green sockets monitor and processor)

In computer speaker menu, all volumes are on full and mute boxes are UNchecked. Have also altered type of speakers from freestanding to integrated on speaker programme - it says please check what best describes the system. Still no sound on DVDs and mute is activated. Can anyone please tell me how do I get it working. O/S is Windows 98SE in case this matters.

I'm also a 60 year old novice and need the answer to be in words of one syllable, please.

Thank you very much.

john-232317 16:13 05 Oct 05

I assume it could be too much for win 98, but dont know for sure.

Does it give minimum requirements for monitor, it looks a bit of a beast for win 98.

john-232317 16:26 05 Oct 05

Just looked at the manual on line, audio lead is red and yellow, video is mauve, didn`t show any green one ?

john-232317 16:33 05 Oct 05

Sorry should read ... Audio lead red, video lead yellow,.VGA lead mauve.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…