No sound with DVD Films

AlanHo 15:05 19 Oct 05

I have a problem with both MS Media Player and Real Player when playing video DVD's on my computer. I have a CD/DVD ROM and a CD/DVD burner - both are affected. The video plays OK but there is no sound. The last time I played a DVD a couple of months ago all was fine and I cannot trace any changes to the computer that would have caused this.

I can play CD audio discs no problem and can play DVD films plus sound when using Cyberlink Power DVD. However MS Media Player and Real Player will not play the audio of a DVD film no matter what I try.

I have checked all the settings I know of and nothing is set to zero or muted. Device manager shows no errors. However I am not a computer expert and any plain and simple help free of computer jargon would be appreciated.

Windows XP Home SP2 with all current updates

Mutant_Llama 15:29 19 Oct 05

Not sure if this is going to help, but I found that Media Player would not play certain DVD audio without having the AC3FILTER codec installed....

Try here click here

AlanHo 16:02 19 Oct 05

BRILLIANT - thanks a bunch - all now OK.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…