No sound on DVD

cruiser2 12:42 04 Nov 08

I am transferring VHS tapes onto DVDs so that I can play them on DVD player. When I am viewing the tapes on my PC I can hear the sound track as well as viewing the images. I can then edit it. But when I play the DVD on the TV through the DVD player,
there is no sound.
I am using a Panasonic Video Cassette Recorder Model NV-HV61EB.I am using PowerProducer 4 to capture the tapes onto my PC, with a cable from the scart socket on the back of the VHs recorder to a 2.0 USB socket on the PC.
I am using a 4.7 GB DVD+RW which palys on the Sony RDR-HXD710 DVD player.
I have Windows Xp with 2Gb of memory on my PC.
Why cannot I get sound on the DVD player?

geedad 12:55 04 Nov 08

cruiser2.
Have you made sure that the PowerProducer 4 sound button is ON. Sometimes this is overlooked when trying to convert and edit tapes. I nearly missed this one once when using PowerProducer, because on my version, it scaled vertically on the right hand side. I hope you can solve the problem. I use Sony Giga Pocket to save my copies to, then use another program to edit and save them as DVD playable discs.
Good luck!
geedad

cruiser2 18:12 04 Nov 08

Geedad,
I am not sure what you mean by the SOUND button. There is a button below the screen which controls the volume as the picture is displayed as I am down loading from the VHS tape. This shows if the sound is muted on or off.
There is a slide at the bottom of the screen but I have not been able to move this from the left hand side. Could this be the one which is on the right hand side of the screen?
cruiser2

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy Book review: Hands-on with Samsung’s high-end hybrid

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is probably one of the best bank ads we’ve seen

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple