No Sound Device Installed !!

JohnnyBoy 20:10 15 Jun 08

For the last week or so, every time I switch on my laptop, I get an error msg saying "cannot access volume control", Ive had a bit of time to look into this, and it appears I no longer have a sound device installed. Where do I go from here ?

Running Win XP MCE.

Technotiger 20:35 15 Jun 08

You could try going into Devices, highlight your Sound/Audio if found, then right-click and click on Update Drivers.

Or ...

Go to your laptop makers site and download/install latest sound drivers.

JohnnyBoy 21:48 15 Jun 08

No Sound/Audio device listed.

Drivers installed, but not showing.

JohnnyBoy 23:22 15 Jun 08

I have just done a system recovery, and still have no sound....

Jak_1 04:38 16 Jun 08

re-install your soundcard driver. You may need to download from the site.

JohnnyBoy 22:46 19 Jun 08

Well, my laptop has now gone fubar, big style, and the hsrd drive is corrupt. Could someone suggest a new SATA drive for my laptop please. Currently got 80gb, but dont mind a nice new bigger one..does anyone know of the bios limits for a bigger hd in an Advent 7111..Im currently running an app to try to recover as much data of it as possible, so cant access the machine for the next few days..been running this app since Monday evening, and its only at 66%..lots of corrupt tracks.. help & advice appreciated

ambra4 22:54 19 Jun 08
  JohnnyBoy 18:44 22 Jun 08

not 100% sure thats my machine..

any other help out there please ?

Gooberman 07:21 23 Jun 08

Friend of mine had the same problem - turns out he had been messing with the bios and had disabled the sound device there - might be worth checking.

JohnnyBoy 20:20 24 Jun 08

Im running spinrite at the moment. still stuck on 66%..been running over a week now..its not looking good for data recovery tbh. Defo need some advice on a new hdd for this machine please people..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac