No sound ...Dell Laptop to Samsung LCD TV

ladybird7 17:17 PM 15 Feb 11

Have connected my Dell Latitude D420 to a Samsung LE32R7 LCD TV. I am able to get a good picture ( pressing Function & F8 ) but no sound! Connected to LCD with VGA lead and small Jack audio (3.5mm) to Phono. ( Red & White) My O.S. is Windows XP. Can anyone help? I am not brilliant with computers so please, lay person instructions if possible.
Thank you, Teresa

D@ve 02:54 AM 16 Feb 11

The first step to take is to determine whether the computer is outputting the sound or not, then we will know whether the problem lies with the computer or TV.

To do this, connect either a set of speakers or headphones to the 3.5mm audio jack on the computer and play some music to test it. If it works, then you will need to look through your TV's settings to link the audio from the line in to the VGA channel.

ladybird7 09:23 AM 17 Feb 11

Thanks D@ve for your reply. The sound is coming out of the computer jack ok. After trying numerous combinations a friend has put the sound through my stereo system, which is great.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification rumours: We're just hours away from the OnePlus 2 l2…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Motoman robots: from killing The Terminator to samurai swordmanship

Why Apple's being criticised for everything, even the good things