No sound on computer

coyote37 17:42 27 Oct 09

Hi, when I turn on my computer, I have sound on Youtube and any other webpage with sound. When I try and listen to windows media or any game that is on the computer such as world of warcraft the sound disappears. There's just no sound anywhere!! I have to then restart the computer to hear sound and it's just the same as before. I've tried re-installing windows media, I've tried system restore, I've even tried re-installing windows from the master disc, but still no joy!! All the drivers are up to date. I'm running XP Home edition. Please help as this is driving me crazy!!! Thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:54 27 Oct 09
  coyote37 18:15 27 Oct 09

Hi Fruit Bat, I've tried all that it suggests. I have no speakers, just the monitor. It's just weird that this happened all of a sudden! I just turned it off one night and when I turned it on again, I couldn't listen to any of my music! The sound card ia a VIA High Definition Audio - VIA VT3310(UAA) I don't know much about computers but I can find my way around them (reading from the web!) But as I said, This has been driving me nuts for 2 weeks now!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac