no sound coming from tv when laptop in

i have a toshiba laptop and i put the blue cable in to TV from laptop and everything was fine, but i put the sound cable into the headphone socket like it should be but on the tv it only has a headphone socket but next to it says, (PC) next to the headphone socket, do I have to press something on the TV or laptop to get the sound out the TV

birdface 23:41 08 Jan 12

Press the sound up on the TV remote.

eedcam 05:43 09 Jan 12

Headphone sockets are not 2way only output does the tv not have phono in sockets at the back if so you need a little Y splitter to convert your single lead into 2 Phono splitters

birdface 07:36 09 Jan 12

Ignore my first post, That is what you do if using an HDMI connection.

I was about 2 hours trying to get sound on my Computer/TV and one of the kids must have turned the sound off for some reason.It was just a matter of me turning the volume up on the remote.

next to the headphone socket it has the headphone picture then next to that is (PC), there the socket for the blue cable to go into just no place for headphone

Woolwell 14:22 09 Jan 12

Which make and model of TV?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…